Friday 28 October 2011

Shady cosmetic business

Another topic of huge debate: Crebeau cosmetics
Gist of it: Shady cosmetic business, JYJ wanted in, HoMin didn't want it. SM ent is worried about Dong Bang Shin Ki's and SM ent's reputation to be associated with them.

To speak for HoMin:
So far, for all their endorsement, they have always done it as a group, all 5 of them. I cannot think of any reason why HoMin did not want to join the JaeChunSu for the Crebeau deal. Well, actually I can, and the reason is, there is something not right with Crebeau or to put it crudely, it was shady. I don't believe HoMin have any issue with doing endorsements, as they have done it before. I also don't believe HoMin have any issue with being associated with cosmetics. Everyone knows these boys put on makeup and they are all loved all the same, with or without makeup. And lastly, I don't think HoMin have anything against earning more money by involving with Crebeau if it was legit, healthy and all that. But well, maybe HoMin could also be thinking they do not want to do any side business, their only passion in life is their music. These 2 boys could also be thinking about their fans. Because you see, their fans love them so much, if they sell cosmetics, I am sure all the fangirls would spend all their money in those cosmetics, just to support their beloved Oppa. I remember watching in Mnet Making of Starwatch, Changmin was saying, he wished the fans would spare a thought for themselves and not be overly obssessed with DBSK, because "those noonas will eventually get married, have children and have their own live to lead". I may not have remembered word for word, but the gist of it is that. It showed to me, that Changmin, although the youngest, has really mature thinking, and really care for his fans. For those haters who want to say that all this are scripted, I rest my case. Because I can't prove to you that those are not scripted, I can't prove to you that those are Changmin's genuine words from the bottom of his heart. I just chose to believe there is good left in humanity.

To speak for SM ent:
Well, honestly I do not see why SM ent would want to stop the boys from investing. It is the boys' money. And if SM ent is really so evil, why not let JaeChunSu invest, burn their fingers, lose money and be forever enslaved to SM ent to earn back those money they lost with Crebeau? I know, I sound like an evil businessman, but its just a thought ok. And again. SM ent is a company, it needs to be responsible to a lot of people. If their reputation is affected, it would affect all their idols, not to mention everyone else on their payroll. These people all have families to take care of ok. Call me naive if you want. But, reputation is very important to a company.

To speak for JaeChunSu:
They have achieved so much in their life, do they want to risk it by investing in a "shady" cosmetic business?
There were antis who wrote that, because DBSK was so successful in 2008/2009, they could practically sell anything and strike it rich. Well, if that is the case, why didn't they sell something else. They could sell clothes, accessories, bags, pots and pans, stationery  and everything under they sky, why choose a "shady" cosmetic business and be so adamant about it to the point of suing SM ent?
Antis also said they wanted to use DBSK's name to promote the cosmetics and reap profits from it. But, did they print DBSK on the products? Or print their own pictures on the products? Perhaps print it on the paperbags? I don't remember seeing any of that. As for Jaejoong's Crebeau-Jeff, which many have claimed looked like a fan shrine rather than a cosmetic shop, I have to admit, yes it looks rather distasteful, despite me liking to look at Jaejoong. But think again, to decorate it to look like a fan shrine, anyone can do that. Heck, they 3 don't even need to own any shares or shops themself. They can get their family to do it. If I am not mistaken, Jaejoong's sister is the one manning Crebeau-Jeff. I mean, their family just need to spread the news, and fans will flock to the shop all the same. And seriously, if their intent is to use the DBSK (5 members) name, the moment they decide to leave and sue SM ent, they have thrown that option out. They could only use the JaeChunSu name.

To side track a little, people who do shady business and know that they are doing shady business, usually do not use their own name. Its a rumor that in Asia, money laundering is rampant and one common way is to get families to open up shops, boutiques usually. I don't really know how the whole process really works, but perhaps it has to do with manipulating the boutique's account, by making it look like it is earning a lot, and voila, dirty money is clean now!

I really do not have the energy to go study the Crebeau history or to dig up past article. Not because I am trying to deliberate close my eyes on certain things. But you have to understand, the Crebeau saga was way back in 2009. I promise if I have the time, I would do a proper research. But then again, I have clearly stated many times, my aim is not in proving what is wrong and what is right. I just want the blog to be an avenue to pen my thoughts. Or should I say, to "keyboard" my thoughts? Nah, pen it is! I don't want my life to have no romance ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment