Friday 30 December 2011

[Rumor] Something about March 28 2012

Please read the title of the post at least 10 times to drill it into your head, it is regarding a rumor. So don't go calling me crazy, because I am acknowledging that this is a rumor and I am not pushing anyone to believe this is true. Heck, even I myself is feeling iffy about this.

So, some time this month, there surfaced a rumor that JYJ said, during one of their concerts, that they have an important announcement to be made on March 28, 2012. And apparrently, HoMin said the same thing. *Rolls eyes*. Errmm, what concert please? Apparently these rumor have been going around, making noises here and there, but that is it, there is neither "proof" nor further discussion to the rumor. There also isn't any "proof" to refute the rumor. So, I don't know, it sounds iffy and fishy at the same time.

And of course, the majority of the "noise" was, that the 5 would reunite on this day. According to some fans, April 2012 is when HoMin's contract with SM will end.

Why it could be true:
1. There is no smoke without fire.
2. Back in September, or was it earlier, not too sure, somewhere there I guess, there was apparently an article by a Japanese tabloid (I think tabloid) that DBSK will come back as 5 in 2012, but only limited to activity in Korea. I know, this is very eye-rolling worthy, but remember, the "split" also started as rumor. (In my delusional fan mind, they, the 5 members of DBSK have never split, so I always use the word with inverted commas).
3. Back in September also, there surfaced an article that Avex Japan and SM have approached JaeChunSu for reconciliation. I interpret that as having a settlement out of court. Again, there was no continuation to this. There was no follow up article of any sorts. That makes me feel, if it was true, JaeChunSu could really be considering it? I don't know.
4. I read in a blog that JYJ will be having concert in South America next year, from February to early March 2012.
5. HoMin will have their Tone Tour from January to March 2012. The last stop, if I didn't read wrongly, is Saitama Super Arena on March 20 2012.

Why it could be just plain rumor without an ounce of truth:
1. Which concert exactly did JaeChunSu say that? Any fancams please? Their last concert was the one in Berlin and that was in November. If they said it during that concert, why did it take so long to surface on the internet? Was it because the fans there didn't really understand what the boys were speaking? I mean, Berlin and Korean don't really jive. But then again, I find it funny that JaeChunSu would make such an important announcement only in Berlin. What about their Japanese and Korean fans? No, I am not belittling European fans, I just thought the boys would let all their fans know. Was it a slip of the tongue?
2. When did HoMin say it? I mean, what concert? They haven't have any concert, unless you count SM Town and A-Nation.
3. If they are really coming back, would they let slip of it so easily? I mean, say if they are going to announce on March 28 2012, that they will be coming back on xxx date, that means, now is not the right time to tell anyone right? Hence, they have to wait till March 28 2012. But if that is the case, everything needs to kept secret.
4. Regarding HoMin's contract with SM, well, does anyone even know when will their contract end? I never succeeded in finding out. I tried calculating, but it messed up me head even more, you will see why:
- Let's say original contract starts in 2003, original contract term was 13 years, so that would be ending in 2016. [I say 2003 because they debut on Dec 26, 2003]
- SM had apparently been ordered to reduce the terms by 3 years, so that would mean 2013.
- There was some fans who pointed out that SM was made to change their contracts to no longer than 7 years. So that mean the contract would have ended in 2010. And if this is the case, seeing how HoMin is still around, does it mean HoMin re-signed their contract with SM?
Ok, let's try another year.

- Let's say original contract starts in 2004, original contract term was 13 years, so that would be ending in 2017. [I say 2004 because their first album was in 2004]
- SM had apparently been ordered to reduce the terms by 3 years, so that would mean 2014.
- There was some fans who pointed out that SM was made to change their contracts to no longer than 7 years. So that mean the contract would have ended in 2011. And if this is the case, seeing how HoMin is still around, does it mean HoMin re-signed their contract with SM?
5. Some fans also pointed out that in order to wrap up the contract, an album need to be released, followed with 6 months promotion. Errrm....KYHD was back in January 2012, 6 months have long passed.

*Near mad condition*
So here's an attempt of coming out with a fairy-tale assumption. Just stay with me, or if you can't, hit the X at the top right corner, or the X on the tab with this blog opened.
1. Very Important Assumption: JaeChunSu & HoMin really did say that they have an important announcement to be made on March 28, 2012.
2. The news took long enough to surface, because well, maybe it was an announcement made in Korea or Japan and errm, well, either Bigeast or K-Cassies was trying to safeguard this information so that nothing would hinder the announcement. But somehow, it got leaked out. Maybe the leak was accidental. Or maybe, there were progress in certain issues which makes it alright for this information to be "leaked" out on purpose. You know, to make some noise.
3. Maybe HoMin's contract really did end in 2011, but they need to fulfill the "release an album and promote for 6 months" clause, hence they are still around.
4. Relating to above point, we will have to take it that, a Japanese album still counts as an album. TONE was released in September 2011. TONE tour ends in March 2012, that makes it 6 months alright.
5. The news about Avex and SM wanting reconciliation could have been true. And that offer might have been taken by JaeChunSu. HoMin to be able to leave peacefully and rejoin JaeChunSu could have been part of the terms in reconciliation.
6. I know it sounds weird that SM will be willing to let HoMin leave, but then again, it is not like SM only have TVXQ. Look, they are even going to debut EXO next year. Besides, I do not think SM have very good chances of winning the lawsuit. No I am not being delusional, but from the looks of it, SM do not seem to have much evidence on their side. They are not even able to provide damn accounting books to proof that they did not shortchange the DBSK boys. They have been anal about the lawsuit for 2 years, but it has got to end. Losing the lawsuit in the court is catastrophic and damaging, both to their reputation and financial. Isn't it better to just let the 2 exit gracefully, end the suit and move on. SM really do not need more flack than it already received. Of course, this is said with the assumption that HoMin is staying purely to honor the term of the contract.

Phew...seriously, I am really still very iffy about this rumor. [Means, I really don't think it is true at all]. Simply because:
1. There is no proof either said anything about having an important announcement to be made on March 28 2012. Frankly, if this point cannot be verified, everything else is irrelevant.
2. Even if the above point can be verified as true, it could really be an announcement for a new album T_T

But again, somethings really make me feel fishy about it:
1. How it so happens that TONE tour ends on March 20 2012. If TONE tour ends on say, March 30 2012, then the rumor can be swept off easily.
2. As if TONE tour is not enough, today I read about JaeChunSu's concert in South America, from Feb to early March 2012. Oh my, coincidence or what?
3. The fact that release of TONE in Sep 2011 and conclusion of TONE tour in March 2012 is 6 months

Well, don't get your hopes too high. Nothing much you can do anyway, besides waiting...and going nuts and emotional in the process.

P.S: I really want to get started on writing the Yunjae post. But, gosh, I wonder if I can do it. It's like there is so much to it, but then in the end, to put down to words, could proof to be so difficult.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about this, I was searching up deets about this rumour and bumped into your blog. It's really nice by the way. I learned a lot about the lawsuit and what's really going on. I was going to dismiss this rumour too, but then the fact that their concerts end in early March was kinda of a coincidence.
    I'll wait for March but I don't want to get my hopes up so I'm going to work really hard in school to distract myself. I think all Cassies should work hard too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. Thanks for your comment *hugs*. For a while I really think Blogger stats is playing with my brain, showing me I have quite some traffic on my blog yet there is no comments. By the way, HoMin have extended their tour to April in Tokyo Dome. So I guess, bad new :(
    I'll write about it later I guess.
    Like you, I am always hoping, but trying to keep it level headed so I do not end up being disappointed. TO quote many Cassies "This Fandom is tired"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know it was extended to April, I knew they had more concerts but wow. Then again, it doesn't mean that they can't announce something in between concerts. They have breaks right? Sigh, yes Cassiopeia is a tired fandom indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the article.. a new cassie here.. so, whats the latest on this rumor? has anything been announced anywhere by anybody?

    ReplyDelete