Wednesday 28 December 2011

Random Super Junior and some random reference to DBSK

I've mentioned Super Junior in a previous post, when I talked about Hankyung. Some things I have already mentioned but I need to reiterate here as I do not want to step on ELF's toes (not because I think ELFs are barbarian and I fear them, but because, as sappy as it sound, I feel for them. They lost Hankyung and it seems Kibum is "missing" too?). So the things are:
1. I don't know much about Super Junior
2. They used to have 13 members I guess? And then Hankyung left, Kibum got kidnapped by aliens, Heechul is in army now, so is Kangin.
3. I've read something about a certain Henry and Zhoumi being the 14th and 15th member? (So sorry if I got it wrong.)
4. I don't care much about Super Junior, not because I hate them or think they suck, but simply, my heart and mind is fully occupied with the DBSK boys. And seriously, looking at SJ, having members leaving and such, I don't think my heart can weather it. Yes, I still cry about the DBSK boys, I am weak like that and I admit it.

So yes, I was surfing Youtube as usual, since it is the year end holidays and I am just chilling out at home (yeap, got back to my hometown). And I came across 2 video clips which made me cry. They are not DBSK video clips mind you.

The 1st clip was from Super Junior's concert, Super Show in Beijing 2010. The clip says 20100123, so 2010 it is. Sorry, like I say, I really don't know much about Super Junior, so I'll just take what the clip says to be the truth. In the clip, they were performing a song called Shining Star. It was a fancam which focused on HeeChul. HeeChul was sobbing. Well, at first the fancam was quite far off, so I have no idea if HeeChul started crying from the beginning. But he was fidgety with his face and he took of his spectacles. Then at around 3:22, the fancam zoomed in and you can see clearly HeeChul is kind of sobbing and trying to fight back the tears. I think he is genuinely fighting back his tears. If you are someone who cries frequently and frequently try to hide the tears, you would know. Fidgety movement around the face are signs of fighting back tears too. I do that, tuck my hair in, run my finger over my forehead or nose, doing something awkward, these are all little distractions I try to do, hoping the tears swimming in my eyes will not flow. Around 3:43, you can see HeeChul can no longer control himself and starts sobbing. I don't care about HeeChul, but seeing him like that, broke my heart. When I read comments, turns out it was their first concert without Hankyung and it seems Hankyung and HeeChul are really deep. They are even known as the HanChul couple. I didn't bother investigating that, one YunJae in DBSK is enough to kill my brain cells. But nevertheless, couple or not, I believe they are at the very least, very very good friends, brothers and bandmates. Why did he cry? Because he missed Hankyung, simple as that. I actually applaud HeeChul for doing that. He was able to let out all the pent up unhappiness and fans who saw that will know he doesn't hate or blame Hankyung. Some times, I really wish to see Yunho or Changmin doing that. I know, I know, there was a Balloons performance where Yunh0 & Changmin sang with SHINee and Yunho looks like he is about to break. Yes, but he didn't in the end. Leader-shii, don't be so sad on yourself. If not for Cassiopeia, if not for JaeChunSu, do it for yourself. We told you many times, it is alright to cry. At least we know what are you thinking. Stop blocking off everyone. Sometimes I wonder, perhaps even Changmin does not know what Yunho is thinking, even if he works with him and stays with him. But dear Heechul, even though I am not a fan of yours or Super Junior, I sincerely hope you don't need to be sad like that again. No one deserves to be, idol or not. I hope there is a way for you and Hankyung to relive the friendship, the brotherhood, whatever that you have held dear to your heart. Here's the clip if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3TdVtI1LXs&feature=related

*Wipes tears*

Moving on, 2nd clip. Again, a clip of Super Junior. This time it is during Dream Concert 2010. The SJ members were saying hi and introducing themselves. Leader Leeteuk was the last. After he introduced himself, he proceeded to say, "I'm Kibum, I'm Hankyung, I'm Kangin" while jumping from one empty spot to the next empty spot. A simple gesture it is. But I am touched. I wished Yunho could have done that and say "I'm Junsu, I'm Jaejoong, I'm Yoochun". But it never happened. For a whole year he and Changmin came back, these 3 names are like taboo. Sometimes I wonder, is Leeteuk a better leader than Yunho? I am not bashing Yunho ok, I like him. He and Jaejoong are the number 1 for me. Maybe this is partly why I took the "split" really bad. If the ones I like are say Jaejoong & Junsu, I might have just easily let go of HoMin and moved on. Or if I had liked only Yunho, I would have easily let go of JaeChunSu. But no, fate will have it that I like the "star-crossed" band members. Le sigh...
Here's the clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByxpBtVdG0&feature=related

Lastly, to the ELFs, I am not lying when I said I feel for you. It doesn't matter that some people think SJ had 13 members, and 1 or 2 leaving is no big deal because there is still 10-11 left. No! That is not how it works. Even if 1 leave, it is still sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment