Saturday 3 December 2011

Silently supporting Jaejoong Yoochun Junsu

JaeChunSu have always been labelled as traitors and ingrateful, for wanting to sue SM and wanting to get out of SM. Labelled by SM, the people supporting SM and also the people who just hate the 3 for whatever reason.

If I am SM, and I really am doing shady things about profit distribution, then playing the sympathy card is my best bet. Its funny how many often say JaeChunSu is playing the sympathy card by saying how they miss HoMin, how they wish they would not be blocked from appearing on TV, from promoting their music. For those who claim they are just toying with fans, playing victim, are you sure they don't miss HoMin? And can you say they are not being intentionally blocked from TV, radio and any mainstream event? To me, its only natural that they miss HoMin. I am sorry to say this, but if you deny my previous sentiment of them missing HoMin, then I can only say, you have never experienced true friendship, love and separation before. Haven't you ever missed something you lost or you are apart from? If you did, have you ever told anyone? What is so wrong about doing that? Just because they are suing SM, so they are not allowed to miss their members whom they have have gone through so much with for 7-9 years? As for the part about them being blocked from appearing in mainstream tv, radio, awards etc, I don't think I need to elaborate much, but I probably should, but there's too many incidents of them being blocked, it may need to be talked about in a separate post!

So, yea, SM is trying to stick the label of "traitor" & "ungrateful" on JaeChunSu. And not to forget "shady cosmetic business"- the infamous dragging in of Crebeau into the whole lawsuit fiasco.

Many are crying foul that SM is allowed to do as they please. Especially with the blocking and all. But somehow, I feel that, there may be things that are in the works or happening and we are not aware of them. In my post on MAMA 2011 Afterthoughts, I mentioned that the way HoMin is either not winning anything or not being nominated in the music awards are because the awards committees themselves are silently protesting the separation of DBSK. That they are telling SM, and the 5 boys themselves, that they need to reunite.

Continuing from that, here are some more things that have happened, that leads me to think, there are many forces to be reckon with, that are supporting JaeChunSu in their arduous journey of seeking justice and fairness.

1. JYJ for the Seoul G20 Summit 2010
To be honest, I am not really sure what their participation is for this G20 Summit. I just know, base on googling and reading in allkpop, that their participation is for the G20's Consideration Campaign. Here's the allkpop link:
http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/jyj-talks-about-the-g20-seoul-summit
And what is G20 Summit 2010?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_G-20_Seoul_summit
What I think this, the G20 is a big deal and for South Korea, its an even bigger deal as they are hosting it. I do not think they want to allow people who have dealings with "shady cosmetic business", who are traitors and ungrateful  in their G20 campaign. By having JaeChunSu in this campaign, the 3 boys are actually representing South Korea in the eyes of the world. Besides, the Consideration Campaign, revolves around better manners, which undeniably have something to do with a person's character. I would not select someone who I think is a traitor to be part of this campaign. The fact that JaeChunSu is selected tells me the selection committee do not even believe there is an ounce of truth in the accusations by SM, even though the lawsuit is still ongoing. The explanation I have above here is basically applicable to the next few points.

2. JYJ as FLL Korea Ambassadors
They became the official ambassadors of the FLL Korea on 13th Jan 2011. Its a robot festival that involves kids all the way from elementary level to high school level. See, when it comes to choosing ambassadors for events that involves kids, you would want the most squeaky clean people possible. Because children are the future of the nation. I won't eleborate further, else I will sound like I am repeating myself.

3. UNAIDS Honorary Ambassadors
On 26th Aug 2011, JYJ was appointed as UNAIDS Regional Goodwill Ambassadors for Asia and the Pacific.

4. JYJ for MEST
JYJ was appointed as Ambassadors for Ministry of Science, Education & Technology on 16th Nov 2011. And they are to promote on combating violence and bullying at school. This is just so mocking to SM if you ask me. Although they are talking about bullying at school, its so easy to relate to the bullying that SM have subjected JaeChunSu to. And if you take a small step back, there is another person being appointed as well, and that is Song Jihyo who is also with C-Jes, JYJ's current agency. I don't know too much about C-Jes, but I guess to put it bluntly, C-Jes is a different breed from SM? And now we have MEST appointing the C-Jes family to speak out about bullying. I know I may be thinking too much, but hey, it is not that far-fetched if you look at it with an open mind.

I am not sure if there are more since I didn't follow JaeChunSu from back in 2009. But the 4 above are what I know. Oh wait, there's another one. Ambassadors for Jeju Island, for the New 7 Wonders of the world. Sigh, that one, with their performance being cancelled by KBS is another infuriating incident. And they are nicely being replaced by SNSD & f(x).

Ok, enough with Ambassador work. Let's move on to endorsements.

The most notable one I want to mention is Nature Republic. NR sells skincare and makeup. If the deal with "shady cosmetic business" bears any truth in it, I doubt NR would ever want to appoint JaeChunSu to endorse their products. Its like asking a known pedophile to endorse your childcare center. That's not called marketing  its called business assassination.

JaeChunSu is also endorsing many other brands like NII, Lotte Duty Free, Penzal Q etc.

My whole point is:
1. If they are truly ungrateful traitors who dabbles in "shady cosmetic business", no company would want them to endorse their products
2. The boys are blocked from mainstream programs, these endorsements gives them chance to appear more to general public. So aside from benefiting from JYJ's popularity, they are in a way helping the boys.
3. Most, if not all of their endorsements are really well received by the public. And the business always goes up for the products they endorse. This makes me feel that, the general public of South Korea are also supporting the boys in their rough journey of seeking justice. Also, it shows that, SM's ploy to attack JaeChunSu's character is not playing out well.
4. Its not easy to be appointed as ambassadors of big organizations and I would say it is not something that can be bought by money. To be honorary ambassadors, you do not necessarily have to be a saint, but if your character is dubious, you won't cut it. For JYJ to make it, it shows that people believe in them.

It may not make much sense, but I wrote this post to just let out what I have been thinking.
SM is the biggest entertainment company. Kpop is pretty big. Both are forces to be reckon with. Its not something you want to fight head-on with. JaeChunSu, unfortunately have to fight head-on with SM. Others are showing support without being too obvious, trying to make a difference and help the 3 boys. That's what I want to say

No comments:

Post a Comment